Life Coaching vs. Consulting
Coaching vs. Consulting vs. Therapy
There is often confusion between Coaching, Consulting and Therapy — and it’s important to understand the distinctions between these three unique industries.
Coaching vs. Therapy
Coaching works best for people who have already resolved past issues and are ready for the next level in their career or life. Therapy focuses on processing “PAST issues” and is less action oriented. Coaching is about living in the “present” and taking action to create magical futures. A coach will hold you accountable. On occasion, I utilize the skill of “process coaching” to allow a client to work through a place of “stuckness” or emotional overwhelm. However, the emphasis is on forwarding the action and deepening the client’s learning. And, while attentive listening are central to both, coaching and therapy are quite different.
Coaching vs. Consulting
Coaching is client directed. Consulting is consultant directed. My agenda in coaching is to support your agenda, not a specific cookie-cutter program. In coaching you design the Primary Focus of the relationship. I believe that my clients are whole, resourceful and creative. Through powerful questions, our designed alliance and YOU, we’ll tap your internal wisdom. I will sometimes advise a client, and make programs available to my clients, but the focus is on challenging you to discover the answers you seek, embrase your innate wisdom and to empower you to choose and create what you most desire.
Is Coaching for YOU?
Are you living a life of your design based on your unique values and dreams or are you trapped in making a living?
- Is there a gap between where you are now, and where you want to be?
- Do you want to create more inspiration, passion and live the most fulfilling life imaginable?
- Are you ready to take your life to the next level?
- Do you want to live an authentic life, a life that honors your values and most treasured priorities?
- Do you have extremely high standards for yourself and for those around you? Would you like to raise your own standards?
- Do you want to make a major impact in the world?
- Are you committed to being successful and doing whatever it takes to get there?
- Are you open to new insights, breakthroughs and transformations?
- Do you Love to Learn and Grow?
- Do you work hard and play hard and are ready not to work so hard, so you can play more?
- Do you grow weary with all the stuff you have to do?
- Is something missing in your life and you’re not sure what it is?
- Are your life purposes and goals unclear?
- Do you feel stuck or have difficulty making choices, balancing expectations, prioritizing and moving forward with things that you know are important to you?
Ready to get started with coaching? Contact Us Now
Life Coach, Divorce Mediation, Marital Mediation, certified life coach, premarital coaching, marital mediation familyrelationship conflict coaching, texas family and divorce mediator, licensed child facilitator houston, premarital coaching houston, life coach career,